Pav Bhaji Recipe | Quick and Easy Pav Bhaji Recipe with detailed Step by Step Pictures. This is a popular Indian street food in Mumbai. This is very quick and easy version which is typically served as a snack or lunch/dinner. It is a blend of vegetables packed with full of nutrients, cooked in butter and some spice powders.
Ladi Pav/Pav Bun is an Indian Bread and Bhaji is a blended vegetables, which is cooked with butter and spice powders. Usually, Pav Bhaji is made with a generous amount of butter topped along with some fresh chopped onions and lemon juice. The Pav Buns are also toasted in the butter and served with the bhaji. This is the quickest method, which can be done in the pressure cooker. This post will show you how to make the easiest and best pav bhaji that tastes delicious and flavorful. You can add any vegetables of your choice. You can add beetroot or beetroot juice at the end to get bright red color. Finally, i request you to check my other recipe collection from my website particularly, Ladi Pav/Pav Buns. Lets see how to make this recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Serving Size: 3 PeopleingredientsquantityButter3 – 4 tbspCarrots2Fresh Peas1/2 CupPotato1Capsicum1Cauliflower1/2 CupOnion1Tomatoes2Ginger Garlic Paste1 tbspCumin Seeds1/2 tspTurmeric Powder1/4 tspChilli Powder (Kashmiri Chilli Powder for color)1 tbspCumin Powder1/2 tspCoriander Powder1 tspGaram Masala Powder1 tspSaltTo TasteCoriander Leaves for GarnishJuice of 1/2 Lemon
How to make Pav Bhaji with Step by Step Pictures:
- Melt the butter in a pressure cooker. Add the chopped onions to it and sauté well until it is translucent. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté well until it turns soft and mushy. Now add the chopped vegetables into it and mix well.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt, Mix everything and combine well with all the veggies. Now add 2 cups of water. Cover and pressure cook for 3 whistles or till veggies are cooked completely.
- Once the pressure is released, mash all the vegetables well. Optionally, add 1 tbsp of butter after mashing the veggies.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves on the top and squeeze juice of lemon.
- Our Delicious Pav Bhaji Recipe is ready to be enjoyed with toasted Pav Bun.
- Add more vegetables of your choice to make it more nutritious.
- Adjust the spice level by varying the amount of chili powder. You can add kashmiri chilli powder to give nice color to the bhaji or you can add Beetroot juice at the end to get a nice color.
- Pressure cook the vegetables completely. You can also make pav bhaji on tawa rather than pressure cooker. Pav bhaji in pressure cooker can also be prepared on tawa like served in streets of mumbai.